One of my most favorite childhood memories is coming through the front door as a kid, and smelling the aroma of my grandma’s homemade buttery tea biscuits baking in the oven (my grandma perfected them, my mom baked them).
Homemade Buttery Tea Biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup cream (or half and half)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the flour, salt, sugar and baking powder together in a mixing bowl.
- Cut butter into the dry mix, using a knife, until the mix is a fine crumb texture.
- Pour in the cream and stir with a fork until combined.
- Knead 8 – 10 times.
- Roll or pat out onto a floured surface.
- Using a floured glass or cookie cutter, cut out the dough rounds.
- Place them onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until golden brown in Preheated oven.
I hope you enjoy these melt in your mouth treats. Be creative and see what you come up with.[br][br]Ovens vary so keep an eye on the biscuits. 350° is what I use because I found 400° tended to scortch the tops before the inside was fully cooked.