These lemon cheesecake bars are in a word, and the only one that suits, divine. Amazing three layers of yumminess, the shortcake crust, the lemon cream cheese filling and the cookie crumb topping.
This is probably one of my favorite dessert recipes and these three words explain why:
Just think about it, a buttery shortcake crust, lemon cream cheese filling and a cookie crumble topping. How can you go wrong with this. Beware, this dessert is addictive and it’s rich, you won’t have any left overs.
My sister was the first to bake a pan of lemon cheesecake bars and I usually opt for the fruity desserts over the chocolate unless it’s a really moist chocolate cake with cocoa butter cream frosting, then I am all for it. Geez, now I am craving chocolate cake. Anyways, when I bit into one of the bars, goodness me, it was pure heaven. Thanks sis!
Cream cheese. That’s about all I had to hear before I was popping one into my mouth. It didn’t hurt that there’s actual cookie dough on top either.
Here’s how to make each layer of these sweet lemony bars …
To make this recipe you will need:
- Nilla wafers
- cream cheese
- lemon extract
- vanilla extract
- lemons (for zest)
- baking powder
- baking dish
- parchment paper (for lining)
To make the crust:
1. Using a blender, food processor or you rolling-pin, crush your Nilla wafers until fine
2. Add the sugar
3. Add the melted butter.
4. Mix it well and press into your baking dish (that’s lined with parchment paper)
For the filling:
1. Beat cream cheese with sugar, eggs, lemon extract and lemon zest.
2. Beat until it’s fluffy and smooth (3 to 4 minutes).
3. Pour over the cookie crust.
The cookie dough topping:
1. Beat the butter and sugar for 2 minutes.
2. Add the egg, vanilla and lemon zest, beat until combined.
3. Add the baking powder, salt and flour, mix until fully blended.
4. Scoop the dough by large spoonfuls on top of the cheesecake layer (use your fingertips to spread gently until covered)
In a 350 degree preheated oven, bake the cheesecake for about 30 to 35 minutes (until top is golden brown).
The center will still be jiggly and that’s ok. Allow to cool completely. Refrigerate for about 4 hours. Overnight is even better to make sure the dessert is totally cool. Slice the bars and served cold.
If you have any questions about this recipe, leave a comment below and I’ll get back to you. What is one of your favorite desserts? I’d love to hear about it in the comments.
For more lemony good dessert recipes try my Lemon Refrigerator Sheet Cake (Poke Cake).
Or for a change of pace, try this amazing No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake (over 33,0000 Pins!).
Easy Lemon Cream Cheese Bars
Lemon Cheesecake Bars: layers of cookie crust, lemon cheesecake and lemon cookie bars! One of the most delicious desserts ever, you won’t be able to stop at one!
- 2 c Nilla Wafer, crumbs (aprox. 60 wafers)
- 1/4 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c butter, melted
- 2 pkg cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. lemon extract
- 1 lemon, zested
- 3/4 c butter, softened
- 1 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 c flour
- 1 lemon, zested
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 13x9 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse Nilla Wafer cookies with sugar until fine crumbs.
- Add in melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Press crumbs into the bottom of prepared baking dish.
- For the filling, beat cream cheese with sugar, eggs, lemon extract and lemon zest using an electric mixer.
- Beat until fluffy and smooth (about 3-4 minutes).
- Pour over cookie crust.
- For the cookie dough, beat butter and sugar for 2 minutes.
- Add egg, vanilla and lemon zest and beat until combined.
- Add in baking powder, salt and flour, beating until fully blended.
- Scoop dough by large spoonfuls onto the top of the cheesecake layer. Use your fingertips to spread gently until covered.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until lightly browned.
- The center will still be jiggly, that's okay.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours (or overnight).
- Slice and serve chilled.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 249kcal Calories from fat 123|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 14g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||40%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|