Buttermilk, bran and fresh raspberries for a moist, fluffy and fruity muffin, that turn out perfectly ever single time.
Busy mornings end with no breakfast for me some days. A cup of coffee doesn’t equal a healthy breakfast – and most of the times a muffin wouldn’t be considered healthy either. When I stumbled upon this delicious recipe for raspberry bran muffins, I was excited about trying them out. I mean, bran is healthy and so are fresh raspberries, right? Oh, and eggs! They are great for protein, so let’s get baking a batch.
Typically, a muffin with bran would be dry and not all that appetizing but this recipe has buttermilk, so the muffins turn out nice and moist (you won’t need do chase it with your coffee). Make plenty, the kids will love this recipe and you can’t kick about how good they are for them, as well. I love that I can make a batch (or 2, or 3), freeze them (if they last) and pop one into the microwave in the morning for breaky or even a snack after school.
That’s all great but my favorite place to serve raspberry bran muffins is at Sunday brunch. Yes, they look so pretty and they smell amazing when they are baking, and of course, they taste divine. If you would like to try other delightfully delish brunch ideas, give my Hearty French Toast recipe a try. Or for weekdays, my list of Breakfast Ideas for Busy mornings.
What you’ll need for this recipe:
- Fresh (or frozen) raspberries
- An egg
- Baking powder
- Vegetable oil
- Baking soda
- Brown sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Grease the muffin tins or line them.
3. In a bowl, mix the bran and buttermilk.
4. Let stand while beating together: oil, egg, vanilla and sugar.
5. Then mix it with the bran mixture.
6. Sift dry ingredients together, then quickly stir into the bran mixture.
7. Add raspberries.
8. Spoon evenly into muffin tins.
9. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 – 20 minutes.
The fun thing about this recipe is that you can use any variation of fruit you want. How does blueberry bran or even apple bran sound? Oh my goodness, that would taste amazing right? Add a pinch of cinnamon, yum!
Raspberry Bran Muffins
Moist, fluffy and fruity muffins that turn out perfectly every single time.
- 1 1/2 c bran
- 1 c buttermilk
- 1/3 c vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2/3 c brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2/3 c fresh or frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease muffin tins or line with muffin liners.
- Mix buttermilk with bran.
- Let stand while beating together oil, egg, sugar, and vanilla.
- Mix together with bran mixture.
- Sift dry ingredients together, then quickly stir into other mixture.
- Add raspberries.
- Spoon evenly into tins.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 141kcal Calories from fat 61|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 7g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
All in all, I was pleasantly surprised at how good these muffins were. Do you have a recipe you’ve tried lately, that’s become a huge hit with your family? I’d love to hear about it in the comments below. Or drop your questions and comments.